- About Chungcheongnam-do
The coordinates of Chungcheongnam-do are
35°58’30”N on the southern end (Sindong-ri, Namil-myeon, Geumsan-gun),
37°03’44”N on the northern end (Nanjido-ri, Seongmun-myeon, Dangjin),
127°38’31”E on the eastern end (Bangwu-ri, Buri-myeon, Geumsan-gun) and
125°32’21”N on the eastern end (Gauido-ri, Geunheung-myeon, Taean-gun).
Chungcheongnam-do is in the center of the Korean Peninsula in terms of geographical coordinates.
Chungcheongnam-do has four distinct seasons in terms of climate and the climate is part of the temperate monsoon
climate zone of middle latitudes. Since Chungcheongnam-do is in the center of the South Korea region, Chungcheongnam-do,
the gate of three southern regions to the southwestern and southeastern regions from times long past,
is the transportation hub of Korea with National Road No. 1 to Seoul, Busan and Mokpo, Gyeongbu and Honam Line (Railroad),
Gyeongbu and Honam Expressway, Gyeongbu and Honam Rapid Transit Railways and Seohaean Expressway passing through.
Thus, it takes about one hour to get to Seoul, the capital of Korea, and is within three hours to Busan or Mokpo.
Chungcheongnam-do is 8,226km2 wide as of the end of 2017 which corresponds to 8.2% of total dimension of South Korea
(100,339km2), making it the 6th broadest region following Gyeongsangbuk-do, Gangwon-do, Jeollanam-do, Gyeongsangnam-do and
Gyeonggi-do. For area per city/province, Gongju covers the broadest area at 864.1 km2, and Gyeryong the smallest area at 60.7 km2.
- Qualification : Over 30% share of foreign investment / Over KRW 0.1 billion in foreign investment costs.
- Targets : Businesses in high-technology, cutting-edge technology, chemical products and auto parts.
- Land Lease period : 50 years(contract renewal : every 10 years)
- Implementation Conditions(for five years) : Construction projects with a higher land ratio than the stnadard factory area, and investment with more than the land price.
- Incentives : High-technoligy businesses with over USD 1 million of foreign investment costs(Tax exemption of 100%) Over USD 5 million in foreign inverstment costs among general manufacturing businesses. Local Tax reduction for over USD 10 million of foreign investment(15years 100%)